CROCK POT CHICKEN ENCHILADA SOUP
Crock Pot Chicken Enchilada Soup is something I make almost every week. This soup is so easy to make and always satisfying. I love this soup because it is delicious and low in calories. When I want to slim down a bit, I will substitute this soup for regular meals. Usually, I make a big pot of soup on Monday and enjoy it all week long.
You will need…
- Crock pot
- 2 chicken breasts, frozen or thawed
- green enchilada sauce
- can of diced tomatoes
- tomato sauce
- corn starch
- garlic powder
Finally, you can go crazy with the toppings. Usually, I add sour cream, shredded cheese and tortilla chips. Most weeks, on Monday, I make a big pot of soup and enjoy it all week long.
Crock Pot Chicken Enchilada Soup is definitely one of my top go to meals, all year long. Here are some other meals I make on the regular. These recipes are great because they are delicious on day one and even better as leftovers.
- 5 cups water
- 4 tbsp corn starch
- 1 14.5 oz can of diced tomatoes
- 1 8 oz can of tomato sauce
- 1 28 oz can of green enchilada sauce
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp cumin
- 1/2 tbsp salt, or more depending you your preference
- 2 frozen chicken breasts
Add 5 cups of water to crock pot.
Wisk in 4 tbsp of corn starch.
Add 14.5 oz. can of diced tomatoes, 8 oz. can of tomato sauce, 1 tsp. garlic powder, 1 tsp. cumin and 1/2 tbsp. salt. Give it a stir and then add frozen chicken.
Cook on low for 6 -8 hours or on high for 3-4 hours. Basically, when you can shred the chicken, it’s done.
Using 2 forks, a food processor or mixer, shred chicken.
Serve with your favorite toppings. Ideas…shredded cheese, sour cream, onions, tortilla chips.
Store leftovers in your refrigerator for up to a week. Also, freezes well.
- The soup will be very thin at first, then will thicken a little as it cools. It is a brothy, thin soup. The toppings you choose will add some thickness.
- You can use thawed chicken, it will just take less time. For thawed chicken, cook on low for 4 hours or on high for 2 hours.
- Don’t use pre-cooked chicken. The soup doesn’t thicken at all when you use pre-cooked chicken.